On April 10th and 11th 2021, we’re joining forces with Rapha to bring you our version of Northern France to central Virginia. Inspired by the cobbles of the Queen of the Classics, we have translated the agony and ecstasy of Paris-Roubaix to routes you can ride from our shop, taking in the finest gravel and roads less traveled.
These routes are inspired by Roubaix but with a unique local flavor. From gruelling gravel sections, great climbs and views to delight
Taking place over the 10th and 11th of April, you may time your trip to Hell around your schedule and you may roll on or off the route at a place convenient to you. Simply ride one of our routes and then reward yourself with a Belgian beer, some frites and a comfy place to watch the replay of the racing.
VeloConcepts will offer two routes – an “advanced” version and an “intermediate” version. Completion of either route will be rewarded. Everyone who completes one of the specified routes will be given a limited edition A Day in Hell reward.
Things to Note
- These routes will include gravel, hard packed dirt and other mixed terrain. Please study the route of your choosing to prepare yourself for any tricky sections. Each route will recommend a suggested tire width, but it is up to you to be best prepared and ride at your own risk.
- Please make sure you are self-sufficient to fix any flats or other issues, as there will be no mechanical support during this ride.
- Please be considerate to others on narrow roads or paths. We’re all in this together.
- Please do not ride in groups which exceed Covid-19 restrictions.
- If you or anyone in your family have any symptoms of COVID-19, do not participate.
Sag Supported Route, Sunday 4/11
For those wishing to ride on Sunday. We will be offering sag support on the route during the day on Sunday. Small groups will begin rolling at around 10 am with an expected ride time around 4 – 5 hours for the Advanced route and 3-4 hours for the intermediate route. A sag vehicle will be stationed along various points of the route to assist with extra water & food.
Our in house cafe, 18 Grams Coffee Lab opens at 8 am on Sunday for pre-ride coffee & healthy starts.